As the industry leader in chauffeured transportation around the world, we at Boston Corporate Coach™ are asked all the time about tipping. Should you tip your chauffeur? If so, how much?
If you’re among the many who worry about tipping while waiting for your chauffeur, fret no more. Below, we present vital information about limousine gratuities.
General Tipping Guidelines
Passengers are not obligated to tip their chauffeurs. But, like any other service, you can show your appreciation for a job well done in the form of a monetary tip.
Since some companies pre-calculate gratuities and automatically add them to your bill, the first thing to do is see if the service you are using has done so. If they have, you have nothing to worry about — tipping is already taken care of. If you are using a chauffeur for business reasons, see if your company has prepaid the tip. Boston Corporate Coach™ automatically charges 20% gratuity, encouraging clients not to worry about any “money dealings” with the chauffeur.
If you find that the service you are using does not pre-calculate gratuities or that your company has not prepaid the tip, then you can use your discretion. When deciding whether or not to tip your chauffeur, consider a few things:
- How was the chauffeur’s driving? Did you feel safe and comfortable during the whole ride?
- Was the chauffeur on time?
- How was the chauffeur’s customer service? Did they help you with your bags, guide you to a great spot for lunch, or enhance your experience in other ways?
- Was the vehicle clean and in good condition?
- Did the chauffeur do anything to go above and beyond the call of duty (e.g., offer extra services or amenities?)
If you find that your chauffeur has given you excellent service, then you can offer a tip as a way to recognize their efforts. If they’ve gone above and beyond, you might even consider offering a tip even if it has already been taken care of.
How Much Should You Tip?
You can find numerous articles on the subject on the internet. Most suggest that your tip should be somewhere between 10% and 20%. If you want a better idea of exactly how much to tip, follow these suggestions:
- Did the chauffeur offer good, but unexceptional, service? Tip 10%.
- Did the chauffeur offer great customer service and a comfortable ride? Tip 15%.
- Did the chauffeur offer exceptional service every step of the way? Tip 20%.
With this Chauffeur Tipping guide in hand, you’ll be an expert in the art of tipping your chauffeur, and a favorite customer, too. We hope you’ll make Boston Corporate Coach™ your favorite transportation company. Give us a try and you’ll see why we’re so highly regarded. Just call us +1-800-664-4480 to make your reservations or visit https://bostoncorporatecoach.com/reservations/. You can also download the Boston Corporate Coach app on Apple or GooglePlay.